IN CELEBRATION OF AN AMERICAN ICON: RALPH LAUREN

We all have that one someone in our life that we look toward for inspiration - and for many years, my inspiration has been Ralph Lauren. It's not that I follow his every whim. I don't know every last detail of the latest resort runway show, handbag creation named after his wife, European store launch, latest charity benefit, collected automobiles, tablescape collection, menswear collection, new deco furniture line, or where to locally purchase his paint line... BUT - Ralph Lauren has been an overwhelming influence to my personal design style. From the layered looks of his womens wear and menswear in the 90's I'd apply to my display forms, to the statement turquoise jewelry, to his automobile influences in his home collections, and falling in love with his leather pillows and millennium chair in 2000, I've often referred to Ralph Lauren for cues on American style. I've applied some of his influence when dressing a window display, to setting a tablescape, to collecting & using B&W images in our home decor, and I even had referred to Lauren's love of the Southwest when we started our relocation out west to Arizona. I think my admiration of the RL iconic style comes from Ralph Lauren's strong understanding of creating lifestyle stories, which he so eloquently tells within each new line, launch and endeavor...












Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has defined the essence of American style - striking a balance between “timeless” and “modern”. Today, October 14, is Ralph Lauren's 74th Birthday -- and the man behind the lifestyle brand is still going strong, having just last week hosted a Fall '13 Collection show and private dinner in celebration of restoration project and patron sponsorship of L’École des Beaux-Arts in Paris...





 Beaux-Arts feature in our St. Germain store windows to honor Ralph Lauren's patron sponsorship of the famed art school...







So today, celebrate the enduring style, sophistication and class of this Iconic  American Legend...  


 “People ask me how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams" ~Ralph Lauren



Happy Birthday Ralph Lauren ~ Thanks for the dreams.
What enchanting story will you tell next?









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails