MASTER BEDROOM REDESIGN & REFINISHED THRIFT

After clearing some clutter, making some donations of furniture to Out Of The Closet thrift and textiles to the humane society, I set out to find some thrifted pieces to be refinished for the space. I scored a pair of wood night stands and a console table that will work well with the remaining Drexel dresser. After sourcing some refinished looks and sharing them with the homeowner, she choose the finishes she liked. I've already refinished the three thrifted pieces, and today I'm heading back to her home to refinish her 40+ year old Drexel dresser. Yesterday, I removed the hardware to be cleaned and reused - but painted oil rubbed bronze.



 


Besides refinishing the furniture, I've also shopped for the new bed linens, lamps, accessories and window panels. I made a major score finding Pottery Barn window panels on sale on line for only 14.99 for 96" panels. Since the homeowner is wanting a better nights sleep with a darker bedroom, I'm having my friend Jose add blackout liner to the panels.


The room has been painted Flax from Restoration Hardware color collection. Along with the room being painted, I also suggested crown molding be added, a larger baseboard added, and trim molding added around the closet door, to give a better architectural balance to the space (and mirror the bathroom door on the same wall). New carpet has been selected and should be installed by next week. Here's a peek of some of the before and afters:

BEFORE

DURING

 AFTER

BEFORE

DURING

 AFTER

Crown molding added, window hardware added and raised. Black-out shades on order to replace the (dated) vertical blinds.

Since the homeowner is starting to experience arthritis,
I'm updating the door handles in her home to levers.


I switched out the knob to oil rubbed bronze, which will pick up on
the updated hardware on the refinished pieces.
Even though we reused the existing closet door,
it was painted a fresh crisp semi-gloss white.

 DURING
Full length framed mirrors will be added to either side
 of the (soon to be refinished) dresser.

 AFTER dresser refinished and mirrors added.


After the carpet is installed, all the "pretty things" will be added to the room and the REAL fun will begin: Styling the space. Shortly I'll be posting some of the thrifted furniture pieces I've refinished, but here's a peek and stay tuned for more...

Dresser will be more along the lines of this look - two toned.


This thrifted console, I refinished last weekend with three layers of paint and
new knobs. This will be used to store her jewelry in, and will become more of a dressing table. A mirror will be added above it, and it will be located on the wall between the bathroom and closet doors.







The drawer liners and crystal knobs I picked up at HomeGoods.



The banana leaf trunk I found online at Target.com nested under the thrifted console for extra storage. For a decorative detailed, I tied on the starfish.


Extra blankets & throws, previously located in a hall closet are now close by IN the bedroom, next to the bed.



 Lined drawers are filled with client's heirloom teacups, saucers, and small bowls came out of store for her jewelry organization.



 Repurpose those heirloom treasures into a special way to see them everyday.



To view the Before & After video of this room makeover (plus a few others), visit the VIDEO tab at the top of the blog here: VIDEO.


Thanks for stopping by and enJOY your weekend!



LINKING POST TO:









7 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda, I am a new follower, love what you are doing to your clients bedroom.
    have a great day,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Small inexpensive changes make such a big difference. Can't wait to see the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, big changes and everything is looking wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to see the amazing final pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good hot momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks beautiful! Really love the console. I'll be following to see the finished room! :) Stopping by from DIY

    In regards to the blogger issue, I've heard that if you log out from your dashboard then log in again, uncheck "stay signed in" and that should work. G

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the reveal because everything is looking beautiful now! I love the new colors, new hardware and pretty furniture! Great job (as usual), Lynda! ;)

    Thanks for sharing in the DIY Project Parade.

    I hope your blogger issue gets fixed. Technology is amazing except when it's not working properly!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails