WHITE HOT THRIFT FINDS FOR SUMMER

A great way to lighten and brighten up a room is by adding pieces in white. Maybe you have a fave piece already needing a breath of new life, or maybe you're on the look-out for a new addition to add to your collection. You can ever upcycle a piece - for example an old hide-away sewing machine - and reclaim its fame by repurposing it as a hall or entrance table. Here are some white finds I spotted while out thrifting last Saturday afternoon...


Magic Erase works wonderfully to clean-up white furniture...
Especially this great find at only $19!


This was a great storage piece and could help to anchor a wall mounted flat screen (paired with an eclectic wall gallery)
The three panel sliding-door cabinet was only $25!



Crisp blue & white finds are a great add for Spring or Summer...



The milk glass oak leaf and faux bois pattern pedestal bowl - only $4
I snagged this find and used it as a fruit bowl for dining alfresco


The white bubble glass - breakfront china cabinet was a steal at only $109 (I've seen these sell for $3200!!)
I should have picked up the lace edge milk glass compote at only $15...
but I left it there for another thrifter =)


Lamps - sold as pairs for $30 were 75% off at Faith Farm


$8 for a caned barrel chair - already distressed - just reupholster in
a white cut velvet for a Shabby Chic look!


Layer in some some milk glass, cut crystal and pewter finds to your
white painted pieces for to create a romantic look...


LOVED this old sewing table... and great over sized key.


So if those finds have great lines - go for it!
With a little elbow grease - cleaning, sanding, painting & sealing...
You can ad a new look from something old.


Although not found while thrifting, I spotted this table at Homegoods.
It's a great inspirational piece to thrift for.

I have two thrifted buffets I'd like to paint out white. One has been black for over ten years. The other - I'd like to try two toned and just paint out the doors. I'm also in the process of convincing my mom to let me paint out some of her 30+ year Drexel pieces for a new look (wish me luck - she hates change!)


LOVE the finish on this piece!


Are you adding in any white finds for summer to your home?
What have you thrifted lately?




6 comments:

  1. I love that piece you found at Homegoods! I have been looking for something like that for my outdoor space to set plants on and use for a buffet during summer cookouts! I gotta go see if I can grab this! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your blog. I share your enthusiasm for making something from nothing -- and it always seems that I like those projects best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What amazing finds! I saw so many pieces that I would just love to revamp and add to my home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 'pecan' blanket chest from the 60's that I think is ready for an updated paint job -- but .... it holds such sentimental value that I am doubting myself -- once its painted you cant go back -- but I also remember a time I distressed over making the decision to paint a paneled room and once I did I loved it so much I wished I had done it 10 years earlier - so maybe I WILL take that leap!!! Wish me luck ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post i also painted an old chest in a duck egg green it is now the feature piece in our country kitchen! I recently wanted to do the same and paint some furniture white for our childrens bedroom, unfortunately i couldn't match all the peices so bought online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow! The Goodwill Gal is going to fight you for the milkglass!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails